Results tagged “agility”
- Webinar: Misconceptions Of Agility, 10/6/14, recording/slides
Click here for a PDF of the slides from the October 6 webinar with Chris Worley (Senior Research Scientist, CEO), Tom Williams (Senior Executive Advisor, Strategy&), and Ed Lawler (Director, CEO) Organization agility, the ability to make timely, effective,...
- Beyond Change Management: Accelerating Transformations and Building Agile Organizations, February 2015
February 10-12, 2015
- CEO's first eBook: Assessing Organization Agility
CEO has just produced its first e-book, Assessing Organization Agility: Creating Diagnostic Profiles to Guide Transformation (Christopher G. Worley, Thomas D. Williams, and Edward E. Lawler III). It is focused on our decade long Organization Agility Research Program and provides...
- Webinar: The Agility Pyramid: Diagnosis and Application, recording/slides, 01/27/14
Click here for a PDF of the January 27 webinar slides Click here for audio only from the January 27 webinar with Chris Worley (Senior Research Scientists, CEO), Sue Mohrman, and Mark Stimpson (VP of HR, Cambia Health Solutions)...
- Beyond Change Management: Accelerating Transformations and Building Agile Organizations, October 2013
October 1-3, 2013
- The Future of HR and Effective Organizations
John Boudreau and Ian Ziskin
- Organization Agility
This ongoing project, funded by CEO's sponsor, Booz & Company, explores the characteristics of organization agility and its relationship to organization effectiveness. Based in part on the book Built to Change (Lawler and Worley, 2006), this long-term study has already...
- "Get rid of job descriptions."
Read CEO Director Ed Lawler and Senior Research Scientist Chris Worley's list of reasons why job descriptions hinder organizations and what they suggest companies do instead. Getting rid of job descriptions "fits a management approach that highlights agility by...
- Lawler on "Why You Should Embrace Change"
Ed Lawler was interviewed for the Globe and Mail (July 6) on organizational adaptability, and why change, and the ability to change well, is a necessity. He says, "Clearly, organizational change is not something that has been very well managed...
- Built to Change Organizations: Industry Influences and Performance Implications
Christopher G. Worley and Edward E. Lawler III
- Flexible Resource Capabilities and Organization Agility
Sue Mohrman and I were recently in Europe talking about organization design with executives from a well-known consumer products company. Our meetings ended on a Friday, and so a few months earlier I had invited my daughter, Sarah, to fly over and enjoy a long weekend in Geneva with her dear old dad as one of her Christmas presents.
- Agility and Organization Design: A Diagnostic Framework
Christopher G. Worley and Edward E. Lawler
- Join Ed Lawler, Chris Worley and Theresa Welbourne in Bellevue, Washington
Built for Agility: Leading in Uncertain Times Thursday, November 12, 2009 8:00 AM In the face of increasing market and economic uncertainties, the need for strategic and organizational agility seems obvious. But when it comes to organization change, the goal...
- Webinar: Routines of Change Audio/Video
Managing change in a continually changing environment requires agility. Ironically, an organization can only be agile if it has outstanding change "routines" as part of the way it functions. Sue Mohrman and Chris Worley held a webinar on October 6...
- Ways to Get Involved with CEO's Ongoing Research
Agility/the Strategic Leadership Project What is agile? CEO has been developing a model of the agile organization, and we are currently working with firms to understand the drivers of long-term performance from an agility perspective. Firms participating in the study...
- Participate in Agility Research
What is agile? CEO has been developing a model of the agile organization. We are currently working with firms to correlate actual performance with this model and the presence or absence of expected OD and capability features. Learn more about...
- Agility Research
With support from Institutional/Research Sponsor Booz and Co, CEO researchers have been extending the work begun by Ed Lawler and Chris Worley in their 2006 book, Built to Change. The research began with the development of an integrated model that...
Center for Effective Organizations
- University of Southern California
- 3415 S. Figueroa Street
- Davidson Conference Center 200
- Los Angeles, CA 90089–0871
- usc marshall school of business