Results tagged “human capital”
- Strategic Partnership with Impact, October 2014
October 28-30, 2014
- Strategic Partnership with Impact, October 2013
October 23-25, 2013
- Building Engagement and Relational Wealth with Employees
In today's world of turbulent labor markets, organizations face the greatest challenge ever in cultivating and maintaining motivated employees. The increased use of contingent work (independent contractors, temps, etc.) makes the challenges even harder. This study examined the relationships that...
- Optimizing Human Capital: Attraction, Retention, Development, and Job Performance
The CEO research program on strategic talent management and human capital combines organizational, managerial, and economic perspectives to bridge the strategic, business, and organizational aspects of human resource management. Understanding the drivers of employee mobility, commitment, and productivity is critical...
- Optimizing Human Capital and Employee Fit and Engagement: Implications for Managing the New Generation of Millennials in the Workplace
This multi-phase study was the first ever to compare employee perceptions about the relative value of staying versus leaving with the actual experiences of matched samples of employees who left versus those who stayed. The participating company is a large...
- "Get rid of job descriptions."
Read CEO Director Ed Lawler and Senior Research Scientist Chris Worley's list of reasons why job descriptions hinder organizations and what they suggest companies do instead. Getting rid of job descriptions "fits a management approach that highlights agility by...
- Lawler Post in HuffPo
CEO Director Ed Lawler's latest post in the Huffington Post is up. He writes about the lack of triple bottom line accountability in typical corporate annual reports. Read his whole post here. ...
- December 9 Webinar: HR Function of the Future - Audio/Slides
Webinar Slides PDF Click here for audio from the December 9 webinar John Boudreau spoke on the HR Function of the Future: How Strategic Partnership with Impact Reshapes the HR Profession on December 9.The tools to enable HR...
- Making Sense of the Millennial Generation: What Organizations Need to Know
by Alec Levenson This article is based on a recently published paper - Millennials and the world of work: An economist's perspective - in the Journal of Business and Psychology. The Millennial Generation - people born in the 1980s and...
- Building Engagement and Relational Wealth With Employees
In today's world of turbulent labor markets, organizations face the greatest challenge ever in cultivating and maintaining motivated employees. The increased use of contingent work (independent contractors, temps, etc.) makes the challenges even harder. This study examined the relationships...
- Making Sense of the Millennial Generation
In this study CEO reviewed the evidence on whether the Millennial Generation (those born in the 1980s and 1990s) is fundamentally different in how they approach the world of work. Particular attention was paid to predictable life cycle stages...
- New Book Available: Achieving Excellence in HR Management
Ed Lawler and John Boudreau's new book, Achieving Excellence in HR Management, is now available. Click here to learn more......
- Using Human Capital Measurement to Drive Productivity
Alec Levenson and Tracy Faber, December 2008
- Strategic Partnership with Impact: Strategy Analysis for Organization and Human Resources
New York City
October 27-29, 2008
- Employee Experiences, Customer Experiences and Service Outcomes
Research Team: John Boudreau (Center for Effective Organizations) Research shows that for front-line employees, the attitudes of the employees are related to customer attitudes and experiences, and in turn to sales outcomes. Yet, we know little about the specific attitudes...
- Evaluating the Impact of a Compensation System Change
This study evaluated the impact of changing the compensation system on commission-based employees' motivation, productivity and retention. The study included before-and-after measurement to identify the aspects of the compensation system, job design and organizational processes and support that both enhanced...
- Pivotal Skills, Job Design, Productivity, and Retention
Many jobs combine tasks that can be separated into different jobs. This study examines employees in a consumer products company whose job responsibilities include both delivery and sales tasks. To optimize performance, the company divided the customer base into...
Center for Effective Organizations
- University of Southern California
- 3415 S. Figueroa Street
- Davidson Conference Center 200
- Los Angeles, CA 90089–0871
- usc marshall school of business