Results tagged “organization design”
- Strategic Organization Design Workshop, November 2015
November 17-20, 2015
- Strategic Organization Design Workshop, April 2015
April 21-24, 2015
- Webinar: Organization Design Challenges from Big Data
Click here for a PDF of the November 19 webinar slides with Jay Galbraith The topic of Big Data, the use of vast quantities of data and analytics, has literally exploded on the scene in the last couple of...
- Organizing for Sustainable Health Care
Susan Albers Mohman & A.B. (Rami) Shani, Editors (Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2012)
- Organizing for Sustainability
Susan Albers Mohman & A.B. (Rami) Shani, Editors
(Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2011)
- Sustainable Healthcare
In recognition that healthcare is integrally related to the viability of corporations, communities, individuals and societies, an international academic/practitioner community has been formed to examine the organizing issues and approaches to create Sustainable Health Care. The community, consisting of...
- Optimizing Decision Rights and Decision Making
This study addresses the speed and effectiveness of decision making in a global company with high degrees of product complexity and long development cycles. The factors addressed include matrix roles and responsibilities, communication effectiveness, and global business unit design. Research...
- Organization Agility
This ongoing project, funded by CEO's sponsor, Booz & Company, explores the characteristics of organization agility and its relationship to organization effectiveness. Based in part on the book Built to Change (Lawler and Worley, 2006), this long-term study has already...
- Creating the Dynamic Network Organization
Cisco is transitioning to a radically new form of organization. The purpose of this project is to describe the principles and practices associated with the operation of a dynamic network organization, including the organization's strategy, structures, processes, systems, and capabilities....
- Management Reset: Organizing for Sustainable Effectiveness
Edward E. Lawler III and Christopher G. Worley, with David Creelman (Jossey-Bass, 2011)
- Webinar: Beyond Change Management, Feb. 7 - Audio/Slides
Beyond Change Management - From Traditional Phase Models to More Robust Models of Transformation Amidst Chaos Webinar Slides PDF Click here for audio from the February 7 webinar Chris Worley and Sue Mohrman highlighted the characteristics of more...
- The Multi-Dimensional and Reconfigurable Organization
Jay R. Galbraith
- Built to Change Organizations: Industry Influences and Performance Implications
Christopher G. Worley and Edward E. Lawler III
- Built to Change Organizations and Responsible Progress - Twin Pillars of Sustainable Success
Christopher G. Worley and Edward E. Lawler
- December 2009 Update on Organization Design Research
A major stream of research at CEO has dealt with issues of organization design. This has included earlier work on team designs, design for organizational improvement and innovation, design for high performance, design for knowledge leadership, global designs and...
- Organization Design Executive Education Programs
2009 marks the 11th year of CEO's bi-annual Organization Design Workshop (we've had 827 attendees representing over 370 companies) and the 9th cycle of our Certificate in Organization Design program (121 attendees have come to our Advanced Topics Workshop, representing...
- Agility and Organization Design: A Diagnostic Framework
Christopher G. Worley and Edward E. Lawler
- Designing Matrix Organizations that Actually Work: How IBM, Procter & Gamble and Others Design for Success
By Jay Galbraith (Jossey-Bass, 2009)
- Participate in Agility Research
What is agile? CEO has been developing a model of the agile organization. We are currently working with firms to correlate actual performance with this model and the presence or absence of expected OD and capability features. Learn more about...
- Agility Research
With support from Institutional/Research Sponsor Booz and Co, CEO researchers have been extending the work begun by Ed Lawler and Chris Worley in their 2006 book, Built to Change. The research began with the development of an integrated model that...
Center for Effective Organizations
- University of Southern California
- 3415 S. Figueroa Street
- Davidson Conference Center 200
- Los Angeles, CA 90089–0871
- usc marshall school of business