Results tagged “sustainability”
- Webinar: Corporate Boards and Sustainability, 4/25/13, Audio/Slides
Webinar Slides PDF Click here for audio from the April 25 webinar with Ed Lawler (Director, CEO) and Sue Mohrman (Senior Research Scientist, CEO) What are corporate boards doing to assure that their corporations are sustainably effective? This...
- Sustainability: What Should Boards Do?
Edward E. Lawler III and Susan A. Mohrman
- It's a Great Time to be a Physician: Building a Healthcare System that Works
Weisz, J., Mohrman, S. A., and McCracken, A. (Second River Healthcare Press, 2012)
- Sustainability Update: Second International Conference on Sustainable Healthcare Convened
Along with the Politecnico di Milano and Chalmers University's Centre for Healthcare Improvement, CEO convened the second international research conference on Designing Sustainable Healthcare in May 2012. The conference brought together academics and practitioners from healthcare systems that are...
- Organizing for Sustainable Health Care
Susan Albers Mohman & A.B. (Rami) Shani, Editors (Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2012)
- Coming Soon - It's a Great Time to Be a Physician: Building a Healthcare System that Works
Coming Soon: It's a Great Time to Be a Physician: Building a Healthcare System that Works by Jeffrey Weisz, M. D., with Susan Albers Mohrman and Arienne McCracken A first-hand account of the changes being demanded of the US healthcare...
- Management Reset Discussed in FT.com
Chris Worley, Ed Lawler, and David Creelman's latest book, Management Reset, was recently reviewed in FT.com. Reviewer Stefan Stern focuses on the book's argument that companies today need to be agile, easily changeable, and fluid, instead of slow-moving and tentative....
- Webinar: Network Designs For Sustainable Effectiveness, 9/26 Audio/Slides
Webinar Slides PDF Click here for audio from the September 26 webinar. What Does it Really Take to Get Beyond the Constraints of Hierarchy and Segmentation? "We all need effective networked organizations--but we fight upstream in a world...
- Evaluating Employees? Add Environmental & Societal Impact to Your Performance Checklist
Edward E. Lawler III
- Sustainable Leadership: The Iconic Leader Problem
Edward E. Lawler III
- Organizing for Sustainability
Susan Albers Mohman & A.B. (Rami) Shani, Editors
(Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2011)
- Webinar: Jim O'Toole, 8/9, Audio/Slides
Webinar Slides PDF Click here for audio from the August 9 webinar. Jim O'Toole spoke on Creating Sustainable Organizations: How Good Businesses Manage to Continue Doing Good with Ed Lawler and Chris Worley. Jim discussed his recent study...
- The New World of Management
Read about what the new world of management will look like. Ed Lawler and Chris Worley were guest bloggers at CNBC and wrote about what they're seeing worldwide as business changes and adapts, including more virtual work, a greater focus...
- Society Demands More Sustainable Products--But Consumers May Be Unwilling to Cooperate
By Barbara Steele and Christopher G. Worley What does a major grocer do when it has pledged to buy seafood from sustainable sources, but cannot do so for the most popular fish products? Knowing that the competition is offering these...
- Worley and Lawler Chapter Wins Editor's Award -- Free Download
CEO's Chris Worley and Ed Lawler's chapter, Built to change organizations and responsible progress: Twin pillars of sustainable success, published in the book Research in Organizational Change and Development, was chosen as an Outstanding Author Contribution Award Winner at...
- The Future of HR and Effective Organizations
John Boudreau and Ian Ziskin
- How Sustainable is Cisco?
Chris Worley blogs about Cisco, Flip videocameras, and sustainability. Read his entire post here....
- Sustainable Healthcare
In recognition that healthcare is integrally related to the viability of corporations, communities, individuals and societies, an international academic/practitioner community has been formed to examine the organizing issues and approaches to create Sustainable Health Care. The community, consisting of...
CEO is building a community of practitioners and academics to explore organizing approaches to achieve sustainability in the face of simultaneous complex and often seemingly conflicting economic, societal, and environmental challenges. We are focusing especially on complex problems that can...
- Who's on Corporate Boards?
Ed Lawler writes about the move towards quotas in some countries for women on corporate boards on Forbes.com. He notes that this move, while laudable, may be a symptom of a larger issue: corporate boards simply only represent one kind...
Center for Effective Organizations
- University of Southern California
- 3415 S. Figueroa Street
- Davidson Conference Center 200
- Los Angeles, CA 90089–0871
- usc marshall school of business