Strategic Partnership with Impact, October 2014
October 28-30, 2014
With John Boudreau
Maximizing your business acumen through strategy analysis
What are the pivotal elements of your strategic success, and where will talent and organization investments make the biggest difference?
This seminar provides an actionable framework and set of tools to help business, HR, and organization leaders.
You will learn and apply the framework featured in Beyond HR, Retooling HR, and Investing in People. Boudreau will show you how to analyze your own strategy to uncover hidden vital pivot-points where HR and talent management can make their biggest strategic contribution. The framework has been applied in many leading organizations for over 15 years.
The seminar uses many of the same principles of decision sciences such as Finance and Marketing. This framework for enhanced HR impact and business acumen has enabled organizations to achieve true line-of-sight between HR investments and their sustainable strategic success.
This program will provide:
- An approach to your own business acumen that focuses on integrating business strategy, HR strategy, and talent and organization implications
- Hands-on experience applying a proven framework to your own strategy, to discover unique strategic value in human and organizational capital
- A guided learning process with a proprietary array of rigorous and practical tools that have been used by organizations such as Allstate, Corning, Deluxe, Microsoft, Northrop Grumman, PepsiCo, and The Toro Company
- A workshop learning approach that is based on leading research in strategy, economics, organizational behavior, and psychology
This is a highly interactive workshop. Participants will work to analyze their organizational strategy at all levels. You will use tools to identify the "lenses" that reveal where talent and organization decisions most affect strategic and business success, and the implications for human resource and organization practices. You will practice by applying these tools to available information from your organization, and you will learn about other organizations through discussion and break-out work.
Who Should Attend
This event is for any leaders wishing to help their organization find unique strategy opportunities in their talent management strategy and how it is organized and deployed. This includes leaders in human resources, HR strategy, organization effectiveness, and talent management. This workshop is particularly valuable for HR generalists, business partners, strategists, functional leaders, leaders outside the HR function, or those with non-HR backgrounds who have recently taken HR leadership positions.
Click here to learn more about our active research.
December 2 - 9am-10am (PT)
The New Frontier of Analytics: Going Beyond Data and ROI
Open to the public
December 12 - 9am-10am (PT)
Top-down, bottom-up, outside-in, and from the middle out: Where traditional change processes fall short
Chris Worley and Sue Mohrman
Open to the public
August 2, 2014
Academy of Management PTC Research Center Impact Award
November 6, 2008
National Academy of Human Resources Honored Organization
Center for Effective Organizations
- University of Southern California
- 3415 S. Figueroa Street
- Davidson Conference Center 200
- Los Angeles, CA 90089–0871
- usc marshall school of business