June 21-23, 2016
with Theresa Welbourne and Lacey Leone McLaughlin
Data-Driven Storytellers help leaders use data to have highly interactive dialogues that lead to decisive action that fuels high-impact and measurable business results.Why think about your data differently? We know from neurological research that the brain does not respond positively to numbers. Providing leaders and managers with more and more bar charts and pie charts, whether in dashboards, research reports or presentations, are unlikely to drive results because numbers do not lead to the emotional connection needed for people to take action. Action requires an emotional connection to the story in the data. Learning to tell stories with data or creating power stories – stories powered with data – is a goal of the Data-Driven Storytelling workshop. Data-Driven Storytelling skills are used to transform your data meetings from one-way conversations to highly interactive, action-focused sessions.
Data-Driven Storytelling is a skill that helps your organization shift to results. Participants learn to use strategic decision processes to analyze their data. Whether for an organization or a small team, participants learn to build custom metrics strategies to help the managers they support achieve their own personal business goals. Data-Driven Storytelling is not a quest for more data but a process focused on helping professionals use the data they have to drive interactive dialogues that lead to action and results.
Participants use tools and processes from the science of the narrative, blended with traditional data analytics, to learn how to coach managers to take action with their data. Data-Driven Storytelling will take your metrics to the next level.
- Learn how to evaluate the data you have access to using a new tool called the measurement map.
- Use mind mapping systems and processes to learn to think about your data differently. Rather than using only linear logic, we experiment and use new tools to find the story in data.
- Blend story boarding with data analytics and go beyond your current data analysis systems.
- Walk away with a deep understanding of the conditions under which data do or do not drive action.
- Develop strategies to refine data and dialogue or to readjust which types of data are being used
- Learn how optimal data strategies drive results.
- Take back tools that are immediately applicable to your organization.
This program is focused on building skills. You will be given a pre-work assignment and will use a variety of tools to learn, practice, and build your Data-Driven Storytelling skills during the workshop. Participants will take part in team coaching and will actively practice the skills they learn with their peers in the program.
What do Participants Say About the Workshop?
- I found the content very valuable and applicable to any position. Presenters are very knowledgeable. Enjoyed both presenters! – René Wilkins, Northrop Grumman
- Loved the hands-on, case-study approach to the content … – Terry Gray, Cargill
- The program was good …I benefited from course and have tools to take with me. – Denise Avink, Northrop Grumman
Want to learn more today?
Three webinars are available to provide you with more detail on Data-Driven Storytelling.
- Data-Driven Storytelling is a skill that helps your organization shift to results. It is not a quest for more data but a process focused on helping professionals use the data they have to drive interactive dialogues that lead to action and results.
- Join Theresa and Sheri Marshall from GM to learn more about Data Coaching
Can’t make the public program? Learn about our custom data audit and Data-Driven Storytelling programs.
In addition to the public program, we offer customized on-site workshops for organizations that have teams of HR, communications, or organization development professionals interested in the content. The custom Data-Driven Storytelling programs are accompanied by the data audit process, which provides not only feedback on the HR data being used in the organization but also results in cases that are then used in the data coaching program. Thus, participants in custom programs work on their own HR data when going through the workshop.
Data-Driven Storytelling for Leaders
We also offer a Data-Driven Storytelling program designed for leaders who want coach the managers who work for them. The focus is on development of their own story telling skills and then helping managers learn to use their own data to tell stories that impact their own employees toward action and results.
If you are with a sponsor company and do not have your discount code, log into your page by clicking on your organization’s name on the CEO Sponsor Companies page (under Sponsor CEO tab) to get the code. If you do not have your password, please contact us.
- $3,150.00 per person
- $2,677.50 per person for three or more from the same company
- $2,550.00 per person
- $2,167.50 per person for three or more from the same company
To pay by check or invoice
Click on the registration link above. Once on the registration page, click the “Show other payment options” link below the green “Register” button. Select “Pay Offline,” fill-in the form and choose “Send Invoice.”
May 30, 2016 (extended to June 10, 2016)
Teams of 3 or more people from the same company who register at the same time receive a 15% discount. You must register all participants at the same time. Just choose this option when registering at the link above.
7701 Legacy Drive
Plano, TX 75024
1549 Legacy Dr.
Frisco, TX 75034
Room Rate: $189 per night
Hotel Reservations: 972-668-8000
Mention USC Data-Driven Storytelling Workshop
Deadline to reserve room: June 1, 2016
- On or before 5/30/16 the cancellation fee is $200.00.
- From 5/31/16 to 6/13/16, 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- Registration fees are non-refundable for cancellations received after 6/13/16 and for no-shows.
- 2 CEUs
- Course #: CEO-007
- Faculty: Theresa Welbourne