May 17-19, 2016 (two days total: starts at 1 pm on 5/17 and ends around lunchtime on 5/19)
with Alec Levenson (Senior Research Scientist, CEO) and guest speaker Bernard Bedon (Vice President, HR, Amgen)
Strategic Analytics: Leverage Analytics to Improve Business Results and Organization Effectiveness
HR analytics and business analytics are at a crossroads today. We have at our fingertips access to the most powerful computers, the largest databases on organizational processes, and ever-expanding information on consumer behavior and the way commerce is conducted worldwide. Yet organizations struggle as much as ever to achieve strategic objectives and improve organizational effectiveness.
Whether you are a business leader, HR professional, or analyst, the workshop will help you make better business and human capital decisions, and direct the analytics conducted in your organization for more actionable insights. The workshop includes specific guidance on what to do and what not to do:
- How to tell Finance ROI doesn’t matter: Building org capability to support competitive advantage
- The right way to measure and improve employee engagement to support the business
- Change the paradigm from perfecting HR processes to improving business results
- The right way to scorecard and measure HR (hint: it’s not turnover and safety metrics)
- Put the business cart before the statistical horse: Avoiding the dangers of HR data mining
Specific examples from the participants’ current business, human capital and analytics challenges will be used throughout the workshop to demonstrate how to apply the Strategic Analytics approach.
This workshop provides participants with models and a process for conducting analytics that support improved organizational effectiveness and strategy execution. It incorporates two complementary approaches to analyzing organizational issues: the enterprise approach used by senior business leaders, and the human capital approach used by HR and frontline managers. Both approaches have substantial drawbacks when applied independently. The workshop shows how to integrate them for a comprehensive, systems approach to diagnosing the sources of strategy execution failure. The insights provided by the systems approach have direct implications for enterprise investment and annual budgeting decisions that impact the organizational capabilities needed to execute the business strategy.
Bernard Bedon will address how Amgen uses HR metrics and analytics as part of HR transformation and organizational change. The Amgen case study will be used to highlight specific elements of the Strategic Analytics framework.
Participants are encouraged to come in in teams from the same company. Groups of three or more from the same company receive a 15% discount.
Who should attend?
Individuals and teams interested in using data and analytics to improve organization effectiveness and strategy execution should attend. The workshop is appropriate for HR professionals, analytics experts, function and unit leaders, line managers, and others involved with diagnosing and improving organizational effectiveness and strategy execution.
Recent Participant Comments about the Workshop
- “Enjoyed this class. It was very insightful and helped me better understand how to tackle our outstanding and future issues.”
- “Valuable models that I can apply and use in the everyday work that I do.”
- “I will be immediately applying what I have learned – the ROI will be quickly realized.”
- “Definitely gives us a targeted strategy to focus in on retention issues”
If you are with a sponsor company and do not have your discount code, log into your page by clicking on your organization’s name on the CEO Sponsor Companies page (under Sponsor CEO tab) to get the code. If you do not have your password, please contact us.
- $2,500.00 per person
- $2,125.50 per person for three or more from the same company
- $1,900.00 per person
- $1,615.00 per person for three or more from the same company
To pay by check or invoice
Click on the registration link above. Once on the registration page, click the “Show other payment options” link below the green “Register” button. Select “Pay Offline,” fill-in the form and choose “Send Invoice.”
April 25, 2016
Teams of 3 or more people from the same company who register at the same time receive a 15% discount.
The Capital Group Companies, Inc.
400 South Hope Street 11th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071
404 S. Figueroa Street
Room Block Rate: $229 per night
- On or before 4/25/16 the cancellation fee is $200.00.
- From 4/26/16 to 5/9/16, 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- Registration fees are non-refundable for cancellations received after 5/9/16 and for no-shows.
- 2 CEUs
- Course #: CEO-008
- Faculty: Alec Levenson