June 20-22, 2017
with Theresa Welbourne
- Are you charged with providing concise, clear information to your leaders?
- Are you sifting through data points and must decide how to best communicate the information?
- Are you a leader charged with creating change?
You can help drive business growth. In this program, we provide you with skills and tools to help drive action with data. We will cover several topics that allow you to be nimble and use data that is focused on today’s needs and then deliver insights via data-driven storytelling methodologies. First, we start with new insights into the use of a tried and true data gathering method –surveys. You learn how to create a new approach to surveys that is meant to be customized to fit your business’ and managers’ needs. Then we combine this new approach to surveys with other business data and weave it all together into compelling stories that trigger emotion to drive action and impact.
Why emotion you ask? We know from numerous studies in neuroscience that data alone does not drive action. We need data to tell a story so the brain ‘wakes up’ and understands how to use that data. The importance of unique, non-traditional, surveys is that they can help you obtain real-time data and story content, which is a rich feeder to your storytelling. In this class you learn from doing. You will be bringing in some of your own data and reworking stories to make them more compelling.
- Learn how to evaluate the data you have access to using a new tool called the measurement map.
- Use mind mapping systems and processes to learn to think about your data differently. Rather than using only linear logic, we experiment and use new tools to find the story in data.
- Blend story boarding with data analytics and go beyond your current data analysis systems.
- Walk away with a deep understanding of the conditions under which data do or do not drive action.
- Develop strategies to refine data and dialogue or to readjust which types of data are being used
- Learn how optimal data strategies drive results.
- Take back tools that are immediately applicable to your organization.
This program is focused on building skills. You will be given a pre-work assignment and will use a variety of tools to learn, practice, and build your Data-Driven Storytelling skills during the workshop. Participants will take part in team coaching and will actively practice the skills they learn with their peers in the program.
What do Participants Say About the Workshop?
- I found the content very valuable and applicable to any position. Presenters are very knowledgeable. Enjoyed both presenters! – René Wilkins, Northrop Grumman
- Loved the hands-on, case-study approach to the content … – Terry Gray, Cargill
- The program was good …I benefited from the course and have tools to take with me. – Denise Avink, Northrop Grumman
Want to learn more today?
Three webinars are available to provide you with more detail on Data-Driven Storytelling.
- Data-Driven Storytelling is a skill that helps your organization shift to results. It is not a quest for more data but a process focused on helping professionals use the data they have to drive interactive dialogues that lead to action and results.
- Join Theresa and Sheri Marshall from GM to learn more about Data Coaching
Can’t make the public program? Learn about our custom data audit and Data-Driven Storytelling programs.
In addition to the public program, we offer customized on-site workshops for organizations that have teams of HR, communications, or organization development professionals interested in the content. The custom Data-Driven Storytelling programs are accompanied by the data audit process, which provides not only feedback on the HR data being used in the organization but also results in cases that are then used in the data coaching program. Thus, participants in custom programs work on their own HR data when going through the workshop.
Data-Driven Storytelling for Leaders
We also offer a Data-Driven Storytelling program designed for leaders who want coach the managers who work for them. The focus is on development of their own story telling skills and then helping managers learn to use their own data to tell stories that impact their own employees toward action and results.
If you are with a sponsor company and do not have your discount code, log into your page by clicking on your organization’s name on the CEO Sponsor Companies page (under Sponsor CEO tab) to get the code. If you do not have your password, please contact us.
- $3,500 per person
- $2,975 per person for three or more from the same company
- $2,850 per person
- $2,423 per person for three or more from the same company
To pay by check or invoice
Click on the registration link above. Once on the registration page, click the “Show other payment options” link below the green “Register” button. Select “Pay Offline,” fill-in the form and choose “Send Invoice.”
May 29, 2017
Teams of 3 or more people from the same company who register at the same time receive a 15% discount. You must register all participants at the same time. Just choose this option when registering at the link above.
2401 Utah Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98134
1000 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104
Reserve at our negotiated rate ($249/night) here or call 206-957-1000. Use the code “USC-CEO Driving Storytelling.” The deadline to reserve at that rate is May 19.
- On or before 5/29/17 the cancellation fee is $200.00.
- From 5/30/17 to 6/12/17, 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- Registration fees are non-refundable for cancellations received after 6/12/17 and for no-shows.
- 2 CEUs
- Course #: CEO-007
- Faculty: Theresa Welbourne