Plano, TX (Dallas)
Hosted by PepsiCo’s Frito-Lay Division
October 4, 2018
The fourth industrial revolution has arrived, offering organizations more options than ever to get work done. How can HR leaders guide and enhance decisions about how to optimize the balance between employment, automation and employment alternatives? How, when, and where should we apply automation in our organization? Is it a stark choice between humans vs. machines? How do we stay on top of these trends as work and automation continue to evolve? How do organizations and society ensure the greatest social and economic benefit, and reduce the costs and risks?
In this one-day program, work and human capital experts Ravin Jesuthasan and John Boudreau will present findings from their forthcoming book, Reinventing Jobs, with Harvard Business Press. They will describe a new set of tools to answer these daunting questions. Going beyond traditional concepts like a “job,” Jesuthasan and Boudreau will show that optimizing work and automation calls for a re-examination of what a job really is and show how to determine variations of tasks within jobs, and how those elements might be reconstructed into new and different combinations.
We will show why the endless debate about humans being replaced by machines is the wrong question, and how smart leaders instead are optimizing human-automation combinations that are not only more efficient, but generate higher returns on improved performance. They will present the latest research findings about how work automation is evolving. You will have the opportunity to apply their original, structured approach and a new set of tools for taking action on applying automation in their organizations, using their practical four-step framework:
Participants will learn how to collaborate proactively across functions, to continuously “reconstruct” work and create optimal human-machine combinations. You will also have the opportunity to learn from industry leaders from AT&T, Crowe Horwath LLP, and Amazon, who will share their successes and challenges.
This dynamic and interactive Thought Leaders Exchange is meant to bring together CHROs (or the person at your organization responsible for driving workforce strategy) and their direct reports to meet the future head-on.
This session is intended to be a free flow of information and sharing, so come prepared to share your story and learn from your peers, as well as from John and Ravin.
- Optimizing Work Automation: Getting Past the Hype
John Boudreau, Senior Research Scientist, Center for Effective Organizations and Ravin Jesuthasan, Managing Director, Willis Towers Watson
- Helping Workers Help Themselves: Thinking in 4T
Terri Griffith, Professor, Santa Clara University
- Reinventing Jobs: Lessons from the Trenches
Julie Wood, Chief People Officer, Crowe LLP
- The Transformation of AT&T: A Fireside Chat with Scott Smith, Chief Human Resources Officer, AT&T Communications, with Ravin Jesuthasan, Managing Director, Willis Towers Watson
- Scott Pitasky, Vice President, Consumer HR, Amazon
- Beyond the hype of “Robots Replacing Humans”
- A framework for reinventing jobs and organizations to optimize work, employment and automation
- Discovering the pivotal opportunities to optimize work and automation in your organization
- Helping workers help themselves to adapt and thrive in the new work reality
- The evolving role of leaders as coaches and collaborators in a fast-changing work world
Interested in learning more?
Sign up for our email list to receive the latest research, free webinars and program information.
If you are with a sponsor company and do not have your discount code, log into your page by clicking on your organization’s name on the CEO Sponsor Companies page (under Sponsor CEO tab) to get the code. If you do not have your password, please contact us.
- $1665 per person
- $1500 per person for three or more from the same company
- $1225 per person
- $1130 per person for three or more from the same company
To pay by check or invoice
Click on the registration link above. Once on the registration page, click the “Show other payment options” link below the green “Register” button. Select “Pay Offline,” fill-in the form and choose “Send Invoice.”
September 21, 2018
Teams of 3 or more people from the same company who register at the same time receive a 15% discount. You must register all participants at the same time. Just choose this option when registering at the link above.
PepsiCo Frito-Lay Conference Center
7701 Legacy Drive
Plano, TX 75024
6853 Dallas Parkway
Plano, TX 75024
Complimentary shuttle to/from PepsiCo
Group Rate: $159 per night
Group Code: USC-CEO Future of HR
Group Reservations: 214-474-1280 (please do not call the hotel direct number)
FHR Hotel Reservation
Reservation Deadline: September 11, 2018
- On or before 9/12/18 the cancellation fee is $250.00.
- From 9/13/18 to 9/26/18, 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- Registration fees are non-refundable for cancellations received after 9/26/18 and for no-shows.
- 1 CEU
- Course #: CEO-010
- Faculty: John Boudreau