July 30-31, 2018
Atlanta, GA (hosted by UPS)
with Theresa Welbourne
- Are you charged with providing concise, clear information to your leaders?
- Are you sifting through data points and must decide how to best communicate the information?
- Are you a leader charged with creating change?
- Would you like to get more out of your employee survey data and process?
This program is focused on building and developing your storytelling and innovative survey design skills. We are borrowing strategies and methods from filmmaking and other disciplines to understand how to tell a compelling story and drive action with data. Participants will take part in case studies, receive team coaching, and actively practice the skills they learn with their peers in the program.
You can help drive business growth. In this program, we provide you with skills and tools to help drive action with data. We will cover several topics that allow you to be nimble and use data that is focused on today’s needs and then deliver insights via data-driven storytelling methodologies. First, we start with new insights into the use of a tried and true data gathering method –surveys. You learn how to create a new approach to surveys that is meant to be customized to fit your business’ and managers’ needs. Then we combine this new approach to surveys with other business data and weave it all together into compelling stories that trigger emotion to drive action and impact.
Why emotion you ask? We know from numerous studies in neuroscience that data alone does not drive action. We need data to tell a story so the brain ‘wakes up’ and understands how to use that data. The importance of unique, non-traditional, surveys is that they can help you obtain real-time data and story content, which is a rich feeder to your storytelling. In this class, you learn from doing. You will be bringing in some of your own data and reworking stories to make them more compelling.
- Learn how to evaluate the data you have access to using a new tool called the measurement map.
- Use mind mapping systems and processes to learn to think about your data differently. Rather than using only linear logic, we experiment and use new tools to find the story in data.
- Blend storyboarding with data analytics and go beyond your current data analysis systems.
- Walk away with a deep understanding of the conditions under which data do or do not drive action.
- Develop strategies to refine data and dialogue or to readjust which types of data are being used
- Learn how optimal data strategies drive results.
- Take back tools that are immediately applicable to your organization.
Data-Driven Storytelling for Leaders
We also offer a Data-Driven Storytelling program designed for leaders who want coach the managers who work for them. The focus is on development of their own storytelling skills and then helping managers learn to use their own data to tell stories that impact their own employees toward action and results.
If you are with a sponsor company and do not have your discount code, log into your page by clicking on your organization’s name on the CEO Sponsor Companies page (under Sponsor CEO tab) to get the code. If you do not have your password, please contact us.
Use the discount code CEOearlybird10 to receive 10% off of registration fees now through May 31, 2018!
- $2,950.00 per person
- $2,507.50 per person for three or more from the same company
- $2,300.00 per person
- $1,955.00 per person for three or more from the same company
To pay by check or invoice
Click on the registration link above. Once on the registration page, click the “Show other payment options” link below the green “Register” button. Select “Pay Offline,” fill-in the form and choose “Send Invoice.”
July 20, 2018
Teams of 3 or more people from the same company who register at the same time receive a 15% discount. You must register all participants at the same time. Just choose this option when registering at the link above.
55 Glenlake Parkway NE
Atlanta, GA 30328
To be announced
- On or before 7/9/18 the cancellation fee is $250.00.
- From 7/10/18 to 7/23/18, 50% of the fee will be refunded.
- Registration fees are non-refundable for cancellations received after 7/23/18 and for no-shows.
- 2 CEUs
- Course #: CEO-007
- Faculty: Theresa Welbourne