Susan Mohrman, Allan Mohrman, Jr. (Jossey-Bass, 1997)
In this unique resource, leading team and organization design experts Susan Albers Mohrman and Allan M. Mohrman, Jr., guide organizations systematically through a proven process for becoming team-based.
Nine modules walk you through each step in the process of tailoring designs to suit your organization’s specific needs and environment.
Using the worksheets, exercises, and examples provided, you:
- Design team structures
- Determine management and leadership roles
- Set direction across the organization
- Build a framework for decision making
- Create appropriate communication norms
- Fashion performance management and improvement processes
- Charter the teams you have set up
An excellent companion to the Mohrmans’ Designing Team-Based Organizations (with Susan Cohen), this workbook is an invaluable resource for managers, leaders, and design teams seeking to organize themselves for optimal team and organizational unit performance. A Leader’s/Facilitator’s Guide, available separately, details how to use the workbook with design teams.